Minister for Housing Darragh O’Brien has extended a senior counsel’s inquiry into allegations relating to An Bord Pleanála deputy chairman Paul Hyde until late July.
The move will prolong an investigation that was supposed to take six weeks by another five weeks.
Remy Farrell SC was told to complete a report for the Minister on Mr Hyde by Thursday in terms of reference handed down last month.
However, Mr O’Brien’s spokeswoman on Wednesday said the Minister “has received and accepted a request from Remy Farrell for an extension of time to July 29th to finalise his report”.
Microsoft president Brad Smith: ‘Our support for Ireland is steadfast’
Rugby analysis: The stats say La Rochelle are no longer the sum of their parts
Easter eggs will be smaller in Irish shops this year and likely much more expensive. Why?
Emma Donoghue: ‘In Ireland we start with the slagging. That is something I really treasure’
The inquiry centres on allegations of undeclared conflicts of interest in Mr Hyde’s work. He has denied any impropriety but stood aside temporarily from his role pending Mr Farrell’s report and an internal review of his work by An Bord Pleanála.